- If you do not have a password, start as a ‘new user’. If you have a password, start as ‘have already applied’, your social security number is your applicant ID. Remember your password is case-sensitive.
- HINT:Do Not Double Click on the Start Button. If you do, you will receive an error message that your SSN is on file. If this happens, go back to the application as a ‘current applicant’, enter your SSN as the applicant ID, and enter the password you have established.
- New applicants who have never applied with DPISD- Enter your SSN, and establish a password.
- Previous DPISD applicants who have NOT established a password- Start as a ‘new user’, establish your password, the system may ask you for your date of birth as a security check. Enter it in the format shown. Include the /’s. If the system gives you an error message when entering your date of birth call the personnel office at 832.668.7050. It is possible that your date of birth information is not contained in the applicant database.
- HINT: You must fill in all required fields.The required fields are noted with a red arrow.
- Certification:You can get a copy of your current certification from the SBEC web site, www.sbec.state.tx.us. If you are on a standard certificate be sure to enter the beginning and expiration date. HINT: If you have a life certificate you will leave the expiration date blank. If you hold an Out-of State Certificate, please attempt to match your information with the choices listed. This link will be helpful to you in obtaining your Texas Certification.
- Degree Information:Only enter universities where you earned a degree. If your major field is not listed leave it blank. In order to be considered for employment at DPISD, all high school, college, and university transcripts and degrees must be from a school that is accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the U. S. Department of Education.
- Work Experience:Enter work experience starting with the most recent. If you have taught for 5 full years you do not need to enter your student teaching information.
- HINT:Always enter the date in the format shown. If the example shows /’s enter them. If you have a problem with the date and it is not required, leave it blank.
- Reference Information:You must have a valid mailing address for your three (3) required references. Persons used as references should be your present and /or past supervisors, or principal. Personal references are NOT acceptable. Addresses from outside the US cannot be submitted on the on-line application. You can however, send them to the Personnel Office and we will send these references manually. You may also submit an e-mail address to expedite the application process.
- Employment History:Begin with your present or most recent employer and list all positions held, as they pertain to the job field for which you are applying.
Non-professional applicants include military, part-time, summer, and volunteer work. Work history will be verified. If you do not wish for us to contact your current employer, you must contact the Human Resources department after submitting your on-line application at 832.668.7050.
Once you have submitted your application you may go back to the application and make changes/ deletions at anytime. Keep your password in a safe place. You may also keep your file active with DPISD by going back to your application at the end of one year and submitting the application updating your information.
- For teaching applicants:All applicants will be notified by DPISD if selected for an interview based on availability of vacancies in your area of certification. For further questions please contact us at 832.668.7050 or 1.866.233.3343.
- The easiest way to complete the application is to fill out each page and click ‘Continue’ at the bottom. The list on the left will keep you informed of your progress. The current section is indicated by [ ] and completed sections are indicated by a check [P ].
- You may review your information at any time by revisiting the section or clicking the ‘Review’ link on the left. If you make any changes while reviewing, you must click the ‘Continue” button at the bottom of the page for the change to be accepted. When all sections are completed, you may click the ‘Submit’ link at the left and your application will be sent to the Deer Park Independent School District Human Resources Department.